
I miss you so much Becky! I think of you almost every day!
I swear I have rewritten this post at least 5 times now! I am having trouble putting into words what I want to say...anyone who knows me, knows when it comes to talking about MY emotions I tend to have a hard time expressing them (I can talk about other peoples emotions and sensitive topics no problem!) I seem to get mine jumbled and confused. So I am just going to put what comes out, so I am sorry if this post is scattered! It has been 4 years today since mine and Amber's best friend died. I am having so many feelings and thoughts going on these last few weeks. I have found myself thinking of Becky a lot lately! I often think of her as I am driving alone or doing my hair or something like that but this past week I have thought of her a lot more. I woke up at like 6:30 this morning and could not fall back asleep because I was thinking of her. I get lost in my own thoughts and memories of her and thinking of what it would be like if she was still here! Now don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy thinking back to all of the good times we had! But it also reminds me of how much I miss her. We have been friends for longer than I can even remember! As little kids Becky and I and Steven and Spencer would all play together while our parents went to Utah basketball games, Becky and I went to girls camps, youth conference and young women's together. We would sit in young women's on Sunday and write notes back and forth the whole time (yea, I now see that was rude, but at the time we thought we were so polite for not talking, and we really thought it was nice that we even graced them with our presence!) Then we would sneak out of church early and go and do a "drive by" of our most recent love interest!:) For a couple of years, before we both had boyfriends/husbands we did everything together! We had 2 semesters of college that ALL of our classes were the same, we worked together in the evening, and then hung out together at night! And often went out of town together on the weekends! Having Becky as a friend for so long and having her be just a bit older then me was nice because she taught me a lot. She helped me learn how to drive a stick shift, she taught me to wear tall shoes/boots (when those were in of course!)She got me to ride the Calasus (sp?) at Lagoon for the first time! She introduced me to "days of our lives" (which she said that Tiff used to watch! he he he!) She taught me to wake board. She even gave me tips on how to kiss!! he he he! And she taught me the art of the "drive-by"! I have So many memories I could go on forever! We went shopping together almost everyday, we would visit or sisters together, we blew up her parents BBQ together! (remember that Ambs! ha ha ha!) We had so much fun together. I miss you so much Becks!
(wake boarding with Mike and Amy)
(wake boarding with Mike and Amy) I took Hayden to the cemetery a few weeks ago to introduce him to Becky, and as we sat there on the grass I realized he should probably be the one telling me how she was doing not me telling him about her! I dare say he talked with her more recently then I have! I know she kept an eye on him up there for me! It has been a while since I have gotten this emotional about her being gone, I generally can remain pretty positive and remind myself I will see her again! But, there are those days I just wish she was here. I wish we could have kids the same age and try to figure this mom thing out together, I wish we could go to lunch, and I wish she were here to laugh with amber and I about all the dumb stuff we did! I know we can't change things, and I believe things happen for a reason. I know Becky is where she is supposed to be, I have a testimony of the plan of salvation and I know I will see her again! But on this day...after 4 years I also want her to know I miss her! And as time goes by some of my memories may fade but I will never forget how great of a friend I had and how lucky I was to get to spend so much time together! I am grateful for the Thomas family and the example and the testimonies they set for me when Becky died. I am especially grateful for the time I had to live with Kim and Guy. I know it was a blessing from Heavenly Father. Kim and I got to talk about Becky all the time and I honestly believe that eased the pain for me! Kim you taught me so much while we lived there and I will always be grateful for that! (even if Guy would not let me have a dog! he he he!)Anyway, sorry this post is all over the place but I just wanted to do something to remind me of Becks besides just visiting the cemetery! Here is to the good old days!
Swimming in Snow Bird!
The Girls!!
Alpine Slide
More of the girls @the old Beardshall Home
Becks and I took a trip to Vegas to lay out!
New Years Eve at Kim and Guys

Swimming in Snow Bird!
The Girls!!
Alpine Slide
More of the girls @the old Beardshall Home
Becks and I took a trip to Vegas to lay out!
New Years Eve at Kim and Guys
Christmas-Amber and Becks gave me that vest that year for Christmas!
Which I still love and wear!
Becks and I after meeting my mom for lunch at her work
Watching a lightning storm at Cody's cabin in Bear Lake I miss you so much Becky! Thanks for all the memories! Love you!
10 comments:
You are so sweet! I loved reading that. I can just see you re typing that a million times. It was perfect. I used to be so jealous of Becky. I swear every time I went on a date with someone you would always tell me that Becky went on a date with them too. ha ha! Not to mention Diana would always say "Becky n' Robyn gonna be here" when I very first started working there and showed up at my shifts! I am glad that you wrote that post even though it was no doubtibly hard for you. Love you Robs!
You do a great job with expressing tings in words Robyn. I really enjoyed reading that. I will have to tell Steve to read that, I'm sure he would like to remember the good old times with you too. Please let me know if you need anything!
Robs I loved your post! It brought back so many memories, some I had forgotten. We really should talk about them more. It's so funny, all I could think about today was coming home and checking your blog to see if you had the same feelings as me and sure enough, it sounds like we have been going through the same stuff. Dang Becky, leaving us like she did!
I didn't tell you that I had a blog because Jessica mocks the blog!
How cute are you?
You, Becky and Amber are the cutest girls and I love hearing about all of your fun memories. Wild and crazy gals!!
ps- how come we don't look that tan when we go to vegas? The air conditioner must be on too high at Dave and Wendys!
Oh, and you shouldn't make fun of me on Char's blog. Not very nice!
OH WOW! (That is totally a Betty saying) Now that I am sitting here crying at my computer! I was just putting a post on my blog about Becks and started going through all my friends blogs. Yours was the first. I feel all the same feelings that you are. You have been in my life almost as long as Becky! I still remember that day that you and Becky were going to hang out with Joanna and I and you got sick remember that!? I think you guys were like 8 or 9 years old! Oh man I miss Becks too. Fun to read your memories of her. I miss you too!
Loves!
Kim
Okay Robin...I was doing pretty good at keeping the tears in check until now. I saw your blog through Kims....what an awesome tribute to my sister! Thanks! (I can't believe she told you I used to watch Days of Our Lives!! :)) ~Tiffany
Robin I think that is awesome!!! I think death is an incredible thing. Unfortunately we can't change the past, but we can learn from it. Becky taught me to appreciate and love everyone in my life, and she was very lucky to have you as her good friend. On a different note your family is so cute. Congrats.
So fun to see you last night! I just love you and Amber...you guys are great...we need to get together more often!
OK Robs, time for an update!
Post a Comment