Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Know what I hate....



Having to spend money on these!!!
I decided on Sunday I would do my hair straight, which I never 
really do! I just don't like having to put 30 min or more into
my hair!(plus I really, really hate the mess of hair it leaves on the floor!! sick!!) 
But, Sunday I decided I would do it! After drying it and starting to 
straighten it I noticed it really was not working! I was a bit slow
but I figured out my straightener was only getting kind of hot! Well I do not
have the kind of hair that warmish works for!! It took me like an hour
to get it even semi straight! I was ticked! I put in all that time to have 
freakish straight hair! I could have done 5 min and had freakish curly 
hair!!! And now I have to buy a new straightener! BOO!!! I hate having
to buy stuff like this! Stuff you really wish you did not have to use in 
the first place!!! I would way rather buy a pair of Nike's! Guess I should not complain,
I have had the same straightener since high school!! So any who...anybody out there 
have advice on the right one to get? This is IMPORTANT!! It can make
or break your hair!! (literally!)

10 comments:

Amber said...

I was wondering how yours was still working, mine broke like last month! The new one I got I love though! It is called Helix by Hot Tools. I think it was reasonably priced, under 100, which I heard was good for a good straightener. You would be impressed but I can straighten my hair in 10 min, that is like record time for me!

The Hardy's said...

I have a MaxiGlide by Maxius. Michelle found hers at Bed Bath & Beyond and used a 20% coupon. It runs about $90.

Natalie said...

I just had to buy a new one on Friday because when I plugged mine in it didn't heat up. Ahh, frustrating! I feel your pain! I got the Jilbere Ceramic Tools one... same one I had before. It's only about $35. Just make sure you get a ceramic iron, they are the best! And Sally's Beauty Supply has a good selection... good luck!

Terry Family said...

My friend who is also my hair dresser said to just get one at Sally Beauty Supply. She also said you don't need to spend a lot of money on one--around $35, but make sure it's ceramic

Team Beardshall said...

Just catching up on my blogging!!! Sorry I have been a slacker! So here are my thought.....If I am lucky I will be included in the list of things that Hayden likes to kiss, I still feel like my head is in the 95% (sad when you want a cowboy hat when you are a little girl and have to shop in the mens section!!!), pizza tastes better when it's heart shaped...so do pancakes!.

Now on to the hair straightener. I am fairly certain that Katie can get you a deal? Or at least one that will be worth your money. Yes on the ceramic (better on your hair) I got my last one for around 40$. Actually I am sorry the timing was off, Katie gave me one she won, so I gave my old one to Brit...sorry! But let me know if you want me to enlist the help of Katie. Nothing beats a great straightener!!!

Jillyn said...

OKAY!! I don't usually gush over other peoples kids but come on! He is too cute!!! I love those big eyes! I see so much of you in him! So glad you have a blog! So glad we found each other! So glad I can think of all these funny memories I have with you! Pretty much just so glad!!!

Marianne said...

I hate it when my flat iron breaks! So frustrating. The best I've ever had before my T3 is a Chi. They are on sale right now for $89 my cost (usually over $100) and if you don't want to pay that much let me know and I can look around for a good one at a good deal. Everything is better at a discount. :)

Ashley said...

Hey girl...this is something I do know about!! ha ha. So....Chi irons are about the best, but only get that one if you are willing to spend a lot. You can get them at stores like Ulta (if you have those in Utah) But if you go to Sally's there is a great fat iron that is a generic brand that in my opinion works just as good as a chi. It's about $35-$40. At the moment I cant remember what it's called and I'm not at home to look. So....call me (480)294-3713 or I will put another comment when I am at home and can look at the brand!!! OH and it's true..get a ceramic and make sure you use thermal protecting prooduct when you flat iron your hair or you will have breakage! (Trust me on that one!)

Kara said...

THe one i have I just bought from good ol Target. It works fine and it was like $30 bucks or something.

Kim Goddard said...

Hey I just bought one at Costco not long ago...ceramic...$30....Awesome!
Remember I have 5 girls in my house we need awesome plus with Mailee's hair....Anyway it has adjustable temperature and heats up within a few seconds! Check it out it's the Conair Infiniti spelled like that.
luvs!