Thursday, April 1, 2010

Just For you Kara!!


This is Love!! I don't usually participate in such things but I love Kara just too dang much to bring any sort of disapointment to her! :) So here's the deal..I've been tagged!!

Here are the rules:

1. Open your 1st photo folder.
2. Scroll to the 10th photo.
3. Post the photo and the story behind it.
4. Tag 5 more people.




Well here is the photo..And there is actually a kind of funny story to this one. The way our computer is set up in iphoto is not with folders but events. So this is the first event and it is the only picture in that event so I did not have much choice to cheat and pick a picture that is stunningly beautiful of myself. Now you may ask why this photo would be in that particular spot...Well this is a picture that was taken of Steve in the Tribune while he was playing football (which obviously I did not take, so I hope there is not some kind of copy write issue, I swear if I go to jail I will cut you Kara!) Anyway we had had a kind of gnarly copy that was just printed off on the computer, on regular paper. So this last year for Christmas I thought it would be a cool gift for Steve if I tracked it down the original from the Tribune and we could get it printed and framed nicely to hang up in our house. So I finally tracked it down and to my surprise they just let me have it and they just emailed it to me (hence the reason it is on my computer). I thought I was so creative not to mention sneaky! Plus I had tracked down another photo from Steve's dad that we did not have a good copy of him playing, that a appeared in a little magazine called Sports Illustrated (ha ha ha, jk I know that sounds braggy but it is really just for effect, leading up to the climax of my story. I am not really like that! At least I don't think!) Ok so I have these two pictures and I give them to Steve on Christmas (which keep in mind we were trying to be cheap for one another so for pretty much spending no money I was pretty proud!) He opens them up was really very nice and appreciative of them. However they did not create the desired effect I had hoped. Well after we got home from Vegas (we were there for Christmas) and I start talking to him about where to put them (like the family room) and started pushing him a bit about it he finally comes out and says that while he appreciated my effort really, they embarrass him a bit and does not like those to be the first pictures people see when they come into the house (yeah when you live in a small place the family room is the first room people walk into! :)) Being the fantastic wife that I am, and not wanting him to feel uncomfortable in his own home, they were hung in.... the hall way. :) However as I type this I see the irony that if having them in the family room was embarrassing to him I am not sure how he will feel about it being on the blog? I am sure it will be fine...I think. And Rules are Rules, right? I have never been one who felt ok about bending any kind of rules! I guess if this post gets deleted we will know he was not too happy! :) But I am pretty sure only about 6 people read this anyway, most of which are my family so we should be ok, right!

Anyway there you go Kara!! I hope you are feeling all warm and fuzzy with life long love and friendship tingles!!

I tag Wendy, Amy, Heidi, Amber, and Jill---I did it, you guys BETTER TOO!!! I want to feel the friendship tingles ASAP! no pressure though.

6 comments:

Marianne said...

That's an awesome picture of Steve. He shouldn't be embarassed about it at all. Eric thought it was wicked cool when I showed him. We should get together for a house reunion!! It's been ages since I've seen you.

Wendy Olson said...

You are going to have to work a lot harder to get me to participate!!!!!:) By the way, I am sure glad you are not a rule bender!!!!!

Rob Dog said...

Mare- we should for sure get together for a house reunion!! It has been such a long time! Will Christy be here this summer at all, do you know? you need to update your blog more often lady!!

Rob Dog said...

WENDY!!! Blast you! Who do you think you are!! Do you not realize I have King Kenny blood flowing through me veins now!! I command you to participate!! And if you decide not to follow my ruling, well then I will have to move to one of my talents!! manipulation (oh wait, that may not be a talent?) You just never know, maybe I will do a whole post on you and embarassing things you have done (let me just remind you of a piece of pea gravel and your nose)! Ha ha ha!! jk! but really maybe I will do that as my next post!! You know you love me!!! and you know you want to feel the friendship tingles!!!

ps I know, not breaking rules has really kept me from getting into a lot of trouble over the years! Not questioning authority has really been a gift I have been blessed with I think! Imagine the kind of trouble I could have found myself in if I was LIKED breaking rules!!
:)

Wendy Olson said...

Maybe I will beat you to the punch!!!!!!!! You better watch my blog!!!!!!!!!

Kara said...

Ha Ha Ha, I love you Robs and please dont cut mme!!! :) It took me forever to see this post! I am such a slacker at blogging lately. That is a really good picture. I love it! Steve should not be embarrased of his studliness!!! What are your plans for this Friday? Want to get together during the day? Or we could get together in the evening with Hubby's too....