Posted by
Rob Dog
at
11:09 PM
TWO!!!

Why is it that the 9 months you were pregnant seemed to last forever? Even just thinking about when I was pregnant seems like the LONGEST time of my life. Then all of a sudden time seems like it is on fast forward! It should be the other way around!! (Note to self, for when I am Queen of the world!) I can't believe Hayd turned 2 today! Time is just flying by! (I would not mind if it slowed down just a little!!)

I think the best gift all moms get, is the ability to think their kids are the best. You just look at that little face (for me it is especially when I look at pictures) and can't help but have your heart melt. A while ago I asked my mom if that feeling lasts forever. Even when your kids are no longer kids and even when they have had a lot of time to do things that may have disappointed you...she assured me it does. I am hopeful this is true, that my mom still melts a little when she sees my face captured in just the right picture. I am so glad we live in this day and age of technology. I sure am not an amazing photographer, but I am so glad to have my camera so at least I always know, no matter how fast, or how much time passes I have a little bit of it frozen in my camera. And every once in a while I luck out and can capture a picture of Hayden, where he has "that" look on his face that just stirs something in the mom part of my heart that I can not quite describe. You know the one.. the one that makes you want to laugh, and cry at the same time, the one that makes you want to fly off the couch at midnight into the little bug's room where they have been peacefully sleeping for hours and scoop them up and just snuggle them for a few minutes (then you remember how valuable your alone time is, so you don't actually do it! But you make a mental note to do it in the morning!) I am not sure I am making any sense but something about Hayden's birthday seems to put me a bit on an emotional roller coaster, so I thought I might as well go with it. :)

Made from scratch Birthday Cake!!
(thank heavens for Steve!)

Happy Birthday Hayd!!
Thanks for making us laugh everyday, and
putting life into perspective for us!
Love you like crazy!
5 comments:
I can believe it! 2 sounds so old! I think he looks just like his grandpa dahl in the second pic! We do need to get together soon!
Wow two does come fast. I remember just yesterday being in the hospital with you and finding out that night that we were having Katy!!! Crazy....It really only feels like last year that that happened. Cute post and cute pictures, they look great!!!!
Happy 2nd Birthday Hayden!!!
Oh my word!! I LOVE this post! You said everything just right. It is so true how they make that face that to anyone else it isn't much but to the mom it makes your heart melt. I love what you said about taking pictures! It makes me want to take thousands and thousands of pictures.
TWO!! WOW!! Does that make you feel old or what? haha!! I can't wait to come out and actually see him and you! Why do we both share our birthday months with our sons? We MUST be good moms!!
Oh my Hayden is seriously so so cute! Isn't it crazy how fast time flies. Hey you said that you live in Riverton now, where are you living? We need to get our little one's together for a play-date now the the weather is hopefully finally getting a little nicer!
Post a Comment